Pediatric Hematology and Oncology at Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte, NC
Welcome to the Torrence E. Hemby Jr., Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Center at Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte, NC. As one of the fastest growing programs at Levine Children's Hospital, the Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Center treats patients with a wide variety of pediatric oncology/hematology conditions including:
- Brain tumors
- Kidney cancer
- Bone and soft tissue tumors
- Blood disorders such as sickle cell, anemia, hemophilia, and von Willenbrand disease
EXPANDING PEDIATRIC HEMATOLOGY/ONCOLOGY SERVICES
The Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Center also offers neuro-oncology services and blood and marrow transplantation. With continuing expansion of our medical staff, we now have eight board certified pediatric hematology/oncology physicians with in-depth knowledge of a full range of childhood cancers, offering extensive surgical, chemotherapy and radiologic procedures. Our Developmental Therapeutics Program brings Phase I and Phase II clinical trials to the Charlotte area for the first time. Our goal is to make a significant difference in the lives of children with leukemia, lymphoma and other childhood cancers every day.
WHY CHOOSE LEVINE'S PEDIATRIC HEMATOLOGY ONCOLOGY CENTER?
- We are committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for children with cancer.
- Bone marrow transplant, stem cell transplant, and brain tumor programs bring services to the Charlotte region that otherwise were only available at distant cancer centers.
- Our sickle cell anemia multidisciplinary team offers acute and comprehensive long term care to over 400 children, adolescents and young adults with the disease using the latest medical and technological advances.
- Our pediatric oncology/hematology clinical research includes over 60 clinical trials and studies through the internationally recognized Children's Oncology Group, a collaborative initiative including patients, researchers and hospitals throughout the world.
- The Pediatric Hematology and Oncology Center has joined two widely recognized consortia dedicated to fighting childhood cancer: Therapeutic Advances in Childhood Leukemia and Lymphoma (TACL), and the Neuroblastoma and Medulloblastoma Translational Research Consortium (NMTRC). Affiliation with these organizations will give children in the Carolinas access to novel drugs which were previously not available in the Carolinas
- Child Life staff are available to help the child and family understand and cope with different diagnoses.
- CARE Clinic for long term cancer survivors focuses on wellness and surveillance of potential late-effects of therapy
LEARN MORE ABOUT PEDIATRIC ONCOLOGY/HEMATOLOGY AT LEVINE
Find information about all of Levine's pediatric hematology/oncology services, including our Hemostasis-Thrombosis Clinic and Developmental Therapeutics (DVL) Program anytime on this site. If you have questions or would like to make a referral please call us at 704-381-9900.