Congenital Heart Center - Levine Children's Hospital > Charlotte, NC
The Congenital Heart Center at Levine Children's Hospital is setting the standard of care for children and adults in the Southeast with congenital and thoracic heart disease. Levine Children's Hospital is located in the heart of Charlotte, NC, and is the largest pediatric hospital in the Carolinas. Levine is a nationally recognized center of excellence and is a global referral center receiving patients from around the world.
PEDIATRIC SURGERY AND ADULT CONGENITAL HEART DISEASE SPECIALISTS:
Our doctors are nationally recognized, board-certified specialists who provide complete cardiovascular care from fetus to adulthood. Areas of specialty include neonatal cardiac surgery, pediatric cardiac surgery, heart failure and heart transplantation and adult congenital heart disease.
Our comprehensive cardiovascular program aims to provide cutting edge technology and advancement in the diagnosis, treatment, and ongoing management for children of all ages (from fetus to adult). We are proud to offer every advanced modality available within the fields of cardiology, pediatric cardiac surgery, heart transplant and ventricular support and cardiac intensive care.
Heart Failure and Heart Transplant:
WHY CHOOSE THE CONGENITAL HEART CENTER AT LEVINE:
- Sanger Heart & Vascular Institute-for more than 50 years, a proud tradition of pioneering cardiac care for infants and children
- Only pediatric cardiac surgeons in Charlotte and surrounding region
- MedCenter Air provides a specially trained Neonatal Transport team to transport the most critically ill infants in the region to Levine Children's Hospital. A specially trained pediatric ground transport team is also available
- The full spectrum of pediatric cardiac surgeries is performed at our Center. We performed the first neonatal heart transplant in the region in 1989 and have had an ongoing pediatric cardiac transplant program ever since. We offer surgical treatment for all ages from newborn to the growing number of adults with congenital heart disease
- Our Center continues to grow and perform pediatric heart surgeries in high number. Higher volume of cases has been associated with superior outcomes for a number of reasons
- We perform top to bottom quality control and process improvement initiatives, continually examining all steps of care for our cardiac and pediatric heart surgery patients to ensure the best possible care
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE CONGENITAL HEART CENTER AT LEVINE
Find more information about The Congenital Heart Center anytime on this site or by calling 704-381-1813.