Pediatric GI, Liver and Nutrition Services - Charlotte, NC > Levine Children's Hospital
Welcome to the Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Division at Levine Children's Hospital (LCH) in Charlotte, NC. We are a still growing team of six board certified gastroenterologists and a board certfified transplant hepatologist, two highly skilled nurse practitioners, a pediatric nutritionist, caring nurses, and a great office staff.
The Pediatric Gastroenterology Program at Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte, NC, is distinguished by a comprehensive approach to the care of children with gastroenterology problems and liver disease on an inpatient and outpatient basis.
NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY
We are pleased to announce that Levine Children's Hospital (LCH) has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as being among the top 50 "Best Children's Hospitals" in the nation for care in pediatric gastroenterology.
The gastroenterology team at LCH is proud to be recognized in the "Best Children's Hospitals" rankings for excellence in pediatric gastroenterology. LCH is the only hospital in the Charlotte area to be recognized in the 2012-2013 rankings.
To learn more about the Best Children's Hospital 2012-2013 rankings and see our patients' stories about their experiences at Levine Children's Hospital visit www.carolinashealthcare.org/usnews
EXTENSIVE PEDIATRIC HEPATOLOGY/GASTROENTEROLOGY SERVICES
Our skilled staff diagnosis and treats infants, children, and teens with a variety of nutritional deficits, gastroenterology and liver conditions including:
- Abdominal pain
- Celiac Disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Constipation/Hirschsprung's disease
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Esophageal varices
- Failure to thrive
- Feeding disorders/swallow dysfunction
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Inflammatory bowel diseases, such as:
- Crohn's Disease
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Intestinal failure
- Helicobacter Pylori
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Liver disease
- Malabsorption disorders (problems with food absorption)
- Motility disorders (problems with movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract)
- Nausea/ Vomiting
- Pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas)
- Peptic ulcer disease
- Reflux and vomiting
- Swallowed foreign bodies
- Short gut syndrome
WHY CHOOSE LEVINE'S PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY, HEPATOLOGY, AND NUTRITION DIVISION?
- Board-certified pediatric gastroenterologists have clinical experience in the treatment of common and complex gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary disorders
- Our Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology/Hepatology is the only program in Charlotte to offer esophageal impedance studies, which enables us to diagnose non-acid reflux in children with extraesophageal manifestations of gastroesophageal reflux.
- First in the Charlotte area to perform simultaneous placement of PEG and placement of gastrojejunostomy feeding tube to allow gastric decompression and simultaneous jejunal feedings in infants and children as risk for aspiration or with severe gastroparesis
- First in the Charlotte area to use a 12F PEG tube that allows safe placement of gastrostomy tube in neonates as small as 2.5 kg or with orofacial malformations (micrognathia, cleft palate, etc). Today we have performed this procedure in over 100 infants and children.
LEARN MORE ABOUT PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY/HEPATOLOGY AT LEVINE
To schedule an appointment with one of our pediatric gastroenterology specialists, you will need a referral from your pediatrician or family doctor. Download a referral form and have your child's doctor fax it to us at 704-381-6851 or call the Children's Specialty Center directly at 704-381-6850 to make an appointment.
Find more information, including office locations and pediatric hepatology/gastroenterology frequently asked questions anytime on this site or by calling us at 704-381-6850.