The Family Resource Center honors a gift from the Junior League of Charlotte and a gracious gift honoring Samuel B. Rankin by his parents, Nancy O'H. and David H. Rankin. It is a wonderful addition to Levine Children's Hospital and offers numerous services to our patients, our staff, and our community.
One of the most important ways you can help your child is to learn. Learn about illnesses, symptoms, treatment options and more. Your confidence and reassurance can be a great comfort to your child. Our Family Resource Library includes a pediatric health library, reading areas and computers with Internet access allowing families to do further research or connect with their own family members or other families facing similar diagnoses. We have hundreds of books and videos on a wide variety of topics all for your convenience. There is also a large gathering place for families to relax, as well as meeting and classroom spaces as well. If you are interested in donating books to our library please click here to see our 2012 Wish List.
Available from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, our Family Resource Librarian, Angela Jones, MLS, can assist you with finding information about many illnesses and conditions. Our library is also open some evenings and weekends as well. Just call the library for more information about these additional days and hours. If you have a question and Angela is not available, please call 704-381-2100 and leave a message or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will reply as soon as possible.
Library Services for Families:
Library Services for Community Members:
- Family friendly DVDs that can be taken to the patient rooms to view
- A lounge area in the library for families to relax and enjoy a cup of coffee
- Family Resource Librarian to assist family with questions about their child's condition
- Family Resource Librarian to assist families with medical research to learn more about their child's condition
- Family Resource Librarian who can also conduct a medical search for information about the patient's condition. She can send this information to family members who cannot be at the hospital
- Educational seminars offered throughout the year
- Medical Research packets can be complied and sent to family/friends in the community
- Assistance to students in the community working on health/medicine related school projects
Library Services for Patients:
- Children's books for all age groups
- Books can be taken up to the patient rooms
- Family Resource Librarian that can assist the patient with finding books, activity books, DVDs, etc.
- Activity books for children
- DVDs for children that can be watched in the patient room
- Medical books that so that children can learn more about their own condition
- A place in the library that the patients can sit and relax and enjoy the reading material in the library