At Levine Children's Hospital, our world revolves around children.
Our 234-bed hospital on the campus of Carolinas Medical Center provides a scope of pediatric care and depth of expertise unmatached in this region. Offering comprehensive, family centered care is the cornerstone of our philosophy and mission.
Features of Levine Children's Hospital:
- The most comprehensive children's hospital between Atlanta and Washington, DC, helping children and their families stay close to home, no matter what their medical needs may be
- Treats more pediatric patients per day than any other hospital in North Carolina
- Board-certified pediatric physicians in more than 30 specialties, including hepatology, nephrology, genetics and more
The region's first 24/7 Children's Emergency Department, staffed by physicians trained in Pediatric Emergency Medicine
Offers the region's only pediatric cardiovascular surgery and interventional cardiology program - and the only dedicated pediatric cardiovascular Intensive Care Unt
- The region's only ECMO heart-lung bypass capabilities for newborns and pediatric patients
24/7 coverage in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit by physicians board certified in critical care
- Provides the highest level of neonatal care in the region, including cardiac and fetal surgery
- The region's only solid organ pediatric transplant program (heart, kidney and liver)
- The only pediatric Blood and Marrow Transplant Program (new in 2008) in the region
- Only hospital in the region offering pediatric hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis
Active pediatric medical research program that includes participation in clinical trials in areas such as oncology, infectious diseases, neonatology, nephrology and neurodevelopmental pediatrics