Palliative Care at Levine Children's Hospital is a consult service provided by an interdisciplinary team for children who face life threatening illnesses. The team works very closely with your child's primary healthcare provider to deliver the best care possible to your child and your family. The goal is to provide the best quality of life possible for your child and family while minimizing suffering. Palliative care can be combined with other treatment therapies with a focus on living life as fully as possible.
PALLIATIVE CARE SUPPORT SERVICES
- Pain and symptom management including, but not limited to poor appetite, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting
- Assistance in determining goals of care
- Emotional, social and spiritual support
- Assistance with decisions about end of life care
- Grief counseling
- Collaboration with Home Care Agencies, and Hospice to meet the individual needs of each family
OUR PALLIATIVE CARE PROGRAM MULTIDISCIPLINARY TEAM
Neonatal and Pediatric Palliative Care Physicians
Neonatal and Pediatric Palliative Care Coordinator
Neonatal and Pediatric Palliative Care Social Worker
WHY CHOOSE LEVINE'S PALLIATIVE CARE PROGRAM
- We provide compassionate and family centered care that includes physical, psychosocial, emotional, and spiritual support.
LEARN MORE ABOUT PALLIATIVE CARE SERVICES AT LEVINE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL
Find out information about Levine's Palliative Care Program anytime on this site. If you have questions or would like to make a referral please contact Lynna' Alvarnas, RN, Neonatal and Pediatric Palliative Care Coordinator 704-381-7732 or email@example.com