Pediatric Orthopedics - Levine Children's Hospital > Charlotte, NC
The Pediatric Orthopedics program at Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte, NC, offers a wide range of pediatric orthopedic services to the Charlotte community and surrounding counties. Our board-certified pediatric orthopedic physicians provide evaluation and treatment of all pediatric musculoskeletal conditions.
We understand that access to care close to home is an important aspect of treating infants, children and adolescents. Therefore, Levine has recently expanded our pediatric orthopedics-our pediatric orthopedists now see patients at Levine Children's Specialty Centers in Hickory, Gastonia and Ballantyne.
CONDITIONS DIAGNOSED AND TREATED THROUGH LEVINE PEDIATRIC ORTHOPAEDICS
- Fractures and dislocations
- Growth plate fractures
- Elbow fractures
- Femur fractures
- Hand trauma
- Sports related injuries
- Cerebral palsy and associated spine and extremity problems
- Club foot
- Developmental abnormalities of the upper and lower extremities
- Developmental hip dysplasia (deformity of the hip that can occur before, during or weeks after birth)
- Developmental hip dislocations
- Gait abnormalities
- Osteomyelitis (bone infection caused by germs entering the body's tissue through an open wound)
- Limb deficiencies
- Muscular dystrophies (diseases in which muscles continue to weaken and may slowly stop working)
- Orthopedic tumors
- Osteosarcoma (most common type of bone cancer)
- Scoliosis - idiopathic and congenital (curvature of the spine)
- Spina bifida (birth defect that involves the incomplete development of the spinal cord or its coverings)
- Spinal deformities
WHY CHOOSE PEDIATRIC ORTHOPAEDICS AT LEVINE?
- Fellowship-trained pediatric orthopedic surgeons associated with Levine Children's Hospital have expertise in treating acute pediatric orthopedic problems related to trauma, infection and sports injuries as well as developmental and chronic problems of the bones and joints of infants, children and adolescents
- Our pediatric orthopedics team sees patients every day at the Levine Children's Specialty Center at Medical Center Plaza on the Carolinas Medical Center campus. We see patients several days a month at our other pediatric outpatient centers in Hickory, Gastonia and Ballantyne
- Our pediatric orthopaedists are part of a multidisciplinary team that offers clinics for spina bifida patients
- Fracture follow-up clinics are offered every week to patients who have recently been seen in our Pediatric Emergency Department. X-rays are available onsite
LEARN MORE ABOUT PEDIATRIC ORTHOPEDICS AT LEVINE
To schedule an appointment with one of our pediatric orthopedic specialists at the Levine Children's Specialty Centers you will need a referral from your pediatrician or family doctor. Download a referral form and have your child's doctor fax it to us at 704-381-8871 or call the Children's Specialty Center directly at 704-381-8870 to make an appointment.
Find out more information about our pediatric orthopedic services and pediatric orthopedic frequently asked questions anytime on this site or by calling us at 704-381-8870.