Pediatric Kidney Disease - Levine Children's Hospital > Charlotte, NC
The Pediatric Nephrology Program at Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte, NC, is distinguished by a comprehensive approach to the care of children with kidney problems on an inpatient and outpatient basis. Since the hospital opened in late 2007, our pediatric nephrology team has grown to include five physicians, as well as highly-skilled nurses and staff specializing in nephrology, dialysis and transplant.
NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY
We are pleased to announce that Levine Children's Hospital (LCH) has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as being among the top 50 "Best Children's Hospitals" in the nation for care in pediatric nephrology.
This is the third time LCH has been recognized in the "Best Children's Hospitals" rankings for excellence in pediatric nephrology. LCH is the only hospital in the Charlotte area to be recognized in the 2012-2013 rankings.
"We are honored that the work of our physicians and staff has been recognized at a national level," said Leonard G. Feld, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Chairman of Pediatrics at LCH. "These individuals put forth great effort each and every day to ensure the highest level of care for our patients. It is our pleasure to be included among such a select group of peer institutions for delivering clinical excellence in each of these areas. We are committed to continuously upholding our reputation as one of the nation's top pediatric hospitals."
To learn more about the Best Children's Hospital 2012-2013 rankings and see our patients' stories about their experiences at Levine Children's Hospital visit www.carolinashealthcare.org/usnews
CONDITIONS DIAGNOSED AND TREATED BY LEVINE PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGISTS
Our highly skilled pediatric nephrologists specialize in evaluation and treating a wide variety of conditions, including:
- Acid-base and electrolyte disorders
- Acute and chronic renal failure
- Autoimmune disorders (SLE, vasculitis)
- Coordination of pediatric peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis program
- Cystic kidney disease
- Disorders of calcium and phosphorus
- Electrolyte disorders
- Genetic renal disorders
- Glomerular diseases
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome
- Kidney failure
- Kidney stones
- Kidney transplantation
- Lupus nephritis
- Metabolic bone disease
- Nephrotic syndrome
- Osteogenesis imperfecta
- Osteoporosis in children
- Renal calculi
- Renal diseases
- Renal tubulopathies
- Tubular disorders
- Urinary tract infections
Pediatric Nephrology services and procedures include:
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring
- Kidney stone risk profile
- Evaluation for renal replacement therapy including renal transplantation
- Bone mineral densitometry
- Biophosphonate therapy
- Renal biopsy
- Interventional radiology, including renal angiography and angioplasty
- Renal imaging including ultrasonography, magnetic resonance imaging and angiography, and helical CT
WHY CHOOSE PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY AT LEVINE?
- Levine is ranked in the Top 50 "Best Children's Hospitals" in the nation for kidney disorders.
- A board-certified pediatrics nephrologist is available 24 hours a day to provide inpatient consultation and care
- Pediatric nephrology outpatient care is available at many of hour Levine Children's Specialty Centers including Charlotte, Gastonia, and Hickory
- Only in-hospital pediatric dialysis unit in the Carolinas and we offer both inpatient and outpatient services
LEARN MORE ABOUT PEDIATRIC NEPHROLOGY AT LEVINE
To schedule an appointment with one of our pediatric nephrology specialists at the Levine Children's Specialty Centers you will need a referral from your pediatrician or family doctor. Download a referral form and have your child's doctor fax it to us at 704-381-8801 or call the Children's Specialty Center directly at 704-381-8800 to make an appointment.
Find more information, including details on our Kidney Support Group and the Levine Children's Specialty Center, anytime on this site or by calling
704-381-8800. You may also want to visit our Nephrology Frequently Asked Question and Answers section and the Kidney Information for Families.