Carolinas Center for Injury Prevention within the Department of Emergency Medicine at Carolinas Medical Center has a mission to prevent injury, disability, death, and the costs associated with injury in the southern piedmont area of NC.
This is accomplished with a multi-pronged approach of research, program development and evaluation, public and professional education, and advocacy and policy implementation. All projects are developed with an evaluation component whenever feasible with the intent to publish or present findings on behalf of the department.
The center accomplishes these roles by holding leadership positions in:
- National Association of Children's Hospitals
- The NC State Department of Health and Human Services- Injury Branch
- The Regional Metrolina Trauma Injury Committee
- The UNC- Charlotte University Division of Public Health Sciences
- The local child fatality prevention and protection team
- State and local safe kids groups
Fellows are welcome to collaborate with the center on research projects, community outreach, internal education and other projects during their time in the program.
Carolinas Center for Injury Prevention
Carolinas Medical Center
PO Box 32861 MEB 3
Charlotte NC 28232